Thursday, September 18, 2008

PhotoStory Friday: 33 Years

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


Okay, Okay. I am cheating this time. I didn't actually take either of these pictures. But I thought today was an appropriate day for this post.




This picture was taken by Chris, my brother-in-law. My mom LOVES this picture. I really like it too, although it would be better if my face wasn't so fat! I had Cooper just prior to this picture being taken.


As I was going through pictures this week, I discovered
why she likes this picture so much.



Because it reminds her of this picture.

Mom and dad were married on September 19, 1975. 33 years ago today, for those of you reading on PhotoStory Friday.
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

17 comments:

Cecily R said...

BOTH of those pictures are beautiful. I can see why your mom has a soft spot for each of them.

Happy Anniversary to your parents!

abby o said...

awww, that is really, REALLY sweet Pam. Thanks for sharing.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

This was so lovely! I love both sets of shots. Happy Anniversary to your rents!

Chris said...

I've always thought Pete looks a little evil in this picture -- I should have had him do the ear thing.
That's cool that you and your mom have these pictures that are so similar.

E-ca said...

That is so cool! I love that pic of your parents and the one of you and Pete! Happy aniversary to your parents! It was so good to see you last weekend! I hope things are going well for you and your family! Love ya!

Mandie said...

I love that picture too. Look at your dad! They look so young, that is fun. Your mom looks gorgeous too. Tell them I said Happy Anniversary!

Kmommy said...

How awesome is that! I love both! Such sweetness there. Happy Anniversary to your parents!

tiarastantrums said...

oh - that is so sweet!
I Love it!

Wendy said...

I like them both and the expression on his face toward you is amazing. Looks like he adores you! Congrats to your mom and dad, I am getting closer to that number and am thankful for each year!

jenny said...

Those are some absolutely beautiful pictures! Congrats to your parents! Mine were married the same year, so very cool... :)

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

OMG That is so awesome!!

Beautiful pictures. And you're not fat. You're gorgeous!!

I love the pictures throughout your blog as well. Your children are just as beautiful as you and your husband!

Shannon said...

Wow, those photos are so similar and both really gorgeous! Happy anniversary to them!

Sarah Brooks said...

Hey, Happy Anniversary to your parents. My parents were married on September 20, 1973!!! Crazy! What great pictures and how special to have two so similar!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Happy Anniversary to your parents and fwiw you look beautiful in the picture.

Sue said...

I KNEW there was a reason I love that picture! I just didn't connect it. It truly doesn't seem like 33 years have passed since that picture of me and your Dad was taken. But when I think of all the good things that have happened to us over that time, I realize how blessed we are.....we have a beautiful, talented daughter who has become an amazing wife and mother; an independent, compassionate son who always helps those in need; an awesome son-in-law who has sacrificed so much to ensure a great future for his family; and three energetic, silly, beautiful grandkids who light up our life.

After a couple of really tough, sad months, you've helped me think about what is still good in my life...and it still far outweighs the bad. Thanks for the tribute, Pam. Love you, Mom

Karolynn said...

First of all your face is not fat. That is so amazing that you have a photo like your parents.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh I love it! They are SO very similar and in both the love shows!