Thursday, July 3, 2008

Noah: Part Fish, Part Monkey?



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

I have to admit, these pictures are not great, but they make me laugh. We tell people all the time that Noah is part monkey, part fish, and usualy part plant (He doesn't eat a lot of food, but he has endless energy. We think he photosynthesizes his own). He could stay in the water for hours, and he is usually trying some kind of stunt in or near the water. In this picture, he is running from a few feet away, and trying to find out how high he can jump without falling face first. He only did that once. I love this shot because his hand is barely touching the pool; he's just kind of flying.

The second shot isn't great, it just shows his amazing climbing ability. He likes to take off his shoes and climb any pole he can find, whether it's the pole of a swing set or the really tall pole that says "Arby's" (yes, to the top), he can climb anything. He wraps his feet around the pole like a monkey and shimmies his way up.

9 comments:

Robyn said...

That is a great shot of him jumping in the pool. I have a monkey myself.

Cecily R said...

I LOVE LOVE that first shot! Great action!

Evie is proving to be just as monkey-ish as her siblings. She isn't even 14 months yet and she's climbing the cupboards. Sigh.

GREAT PSF Pam!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I disagree, those are good shots showing just how cool he is!

Unknown said...

Oh I think those photos are fun! I think you captured his spirit. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! I've got a monkey-boy too. At 15 he's still climbing to the top of anything climbable and giving me heart attacks.

Chris said...

What ISO speed did you have your camera set to? I'm surprised you have any pictures of Noah that aren't just a flashing blur. As for climbing, the kid is definitely part monkey, but having no fear of anything helps(?) too.

Larissa said...

He definitely is part monkey - I was amazed at his climbing skills even when he was tiny!

United Studies said...

Ha! He is pretty active!

Pete said...

He climbs?