When Pete approached me about having a second child, I kind of freaked out. Noah was 18 months old, and we knew it would take a while to get pregnant, and Pete thought it was the right time. I wasn't exactly sure, however I made an appointment with my doctor in Utah while I was on vacation to make sure things were on the right track, and they were. It took about 8 months, and even with all the doctors help and medication, I was still shocked when I found out I was pregnant.
The pregnancy went well, with a few little hiccups on the way. We had decided again not to find out the gender of the baby, and deep down I thought it was a girl, but I didn't want to jinx it, so I told everyone I thought it was a boy. My due date was April 23, and on March 31 I went in for my 36 week check-up, and the doctor informed me that I was in labor. So we headed to the hospital and about 6 hours later Annika Love Emmons was born. She weighed 7 lbs 3 oz and was 20 inches long. For being almost 4 weeks early, she was pretty big.


The day she was born Pete told me that he KNEW we were having a girl. I laughed and said that I understood because he was pretty sure it was a girl. "No," he said. "I knew it was a girl because after you went to the bathroom during the ultrasound, I asked and she told me it was a girl." At first I was a little upset, but then I decided I was really proud of him for not telling me. However he told most of my friends and my family, so it wasn't a surprise to most people!
Annie has amazed me the whole time she has been here. She was much slower as far as developing than Noah was. She was also much larger. She hit 20 lbs at 6 months! She was such a rollie pollie thing! Her rolls were never ending, and I loved it! It was so much fun to watch her learn all the little baby things, like crawling and walking, and now talking!


At 14 months Annie decided it was time for us to make a trip to the ER. While at church she managed to slam her finger in the hinge side of a heavy wooden door. It ripped her nail off, and fractured her tiny little thumb. Of course, I was a wreck, and Pete was the rock, thanks goodness. She had two different casts in two weeks, but her thumb healed fine. Other than the scar from the thread, you wouldn't know anything ever happened. Since then we are extra aware of doors and fingers in the same vicinity.

Annie has become quite the dancer, which of course couldn't make me happier. I always said that I would never force her to be a dancer, however, I think she was born with rhythm. It doesn't take much more than a faint beat, and Annie is shakin' her butt! She spins, jumps, sways and freezes. It's great to watch, and could entertain me for hours.
Now, Annie is a little girl; no longer my baby girl. She talks to me, and I understand it. She helps me with her baby brother, and loves to hug Noah. She loves to play dress up, but can tackle her brother at the drop of a hat. She has the cutest curly blonde hair, and is the only grandchild out of 13 with brown eyes. I love that she is my only daughter- I feel like maybe one day we might be best friends. Right now she is kind of a daddy's girl, which makes Pete happier than anything.
Here are a few rough translations of Annie's language:
"youra cara dirtya"...your car is dirty
"bibi"...binkie
"pepe"... Cooper
"Tot totwit"... hot chocolate
"totwit miwk"...choclate milk
"God God" Child of God
"I toming wowah!"... I'm coming, Noah!
"tome on dyes"...come on guys
I love so many things about Annie, and I feel so blessed to have her as a daughter. She learns something new everyday, and makes us laugh hysterically most of the time. She is so witty already, and she enjoys making us smile. She is perfect to me in every way, and I love every bit of her. Here are a few things I love about Annie:
The way she signs "I love you" and then makes me kiss her fingers; her curly hair and cute belly; the way she does the 'truffle shuffle'; how I can bribe her with salad, and that she likes to snack on chinese rice noodles; how she hugs Noah every morning; that she thinks anything with lace or a skirt makes her a princess; her love for books and her brothers; her big hugs that wrap around my neck; how she plays with my hair to calm down, and that she can't control herself when my hair is curly; how she mimmicks everything I say; her big cheeks; her singing and dancing; her snuggles; and so many more things, too many to count.



2 comments:
Pam, this post made me LOVE Annie!! Love all the pictures and love the Annie speak translations.
She is ADORABLE and you will be so glad that you wrote all that stuff down (I am really REALLY lamenting all that I missed with Isaac and Gracie before I started really recording things on my blog. It makes me sad to think about it)!!
I LOVE HER BROWN EYES!!!
Post a Comment