I sent Pete to a hotel last week, for two days.
Everyone finds this so funny, which I guess it really is, but I did it for a good reason! I didn't want him to get sick, or even more sick than he already was for boards on Saturday. So Thursday and Friday night I made him stay in a hotel, nice and comfy, while I was home sick, with three sick kids. I am insane. And, no, my idea didn't work. He got sick anyway.
Friday morning, I woke up and called Pete (at his hotel) and told him that I was pretty sure I had the flu. Not the "I have the flu cause my stomach hurts" flu, but the body aches, chills, coughs, can't seem to function flu. Sure enough I did. My doc, who I was ever-so-happy to see that day because she can pass out drugs, did just that: she gave me a prescription for tamiflu (which is also a fun word to say). I couldn't teach my class on Saturday, so I just stayed home with sick kids. I don't remember the last time I felt so terrible.
Like I said before, Pete did get sick. He wasn't as sick as I was; he lost his voice, and felt pretty run down, but he is on the uphill side of it now. I am still recovering. I sound like a 20 year smoker, and cough like one, too. I am trying to take it easy this week, because Saturday I have a fitness training in Chicago, that will last me about 12 hours. Now, not all of that is a work-out, but about 70 % of it will be, so I need to have some energy.
Noah is recovering well; he has a little cough left and I am praying that he doesn't get anything else. Annie ended up with another double ear infection, and Cooper has a sinus infection. He has probably had that for a month, and they are just now treating it. However, last night I got more sleep than I have in a week, and I am hoping it just gets better.
No comments:
Post a Comment