I am currently stuck in the Charleston AFB passenger terminal, trying to get back to Germany. I have been kicked off two flights since getting here, and in all the days (this is day 5) I have been traveling, about 6 flights have been cancelled, all going to Germany.
I am exhausted.
I am stinky.
I have a killer backache.
And I really need to brush my teeth.
I have two things on my mind right now: getting back to Germany and going back to Utah. I want to do both. I want to get back to Germany to get back into our routine of school and teaching classes. But I want to go back to Utah because I hate being away from my family and friends.
It was so hard for me to leave this time around; I had so many amazing experiences this summer, and it was hard to walk away from all of them.
I learned a lot of things this summer.
I took a lot of pictures this summer, even winning some ribbons for a few....
I laughed with so many friends and family members, the ones that I hate saying goodbye to.
But... going back to Germany, I have a few things to look forward to:
In three months or so, I will have a husband again. This is what I am most excited for.
In the spring, my parents will come visit, and Noah will be baptized.
In the summer, we will all fly home to Utah again for a while.
And Pete's parents will come out sometime in the late summer.
I will get to travel more....
And take more pictures (hopefully with a new camera)
So, sitting here, being stuck without a lot of hope, I realize I have lots to look forward to when I finally get back to Germany. Even if leaving Utah didn't give me much to look forward to.
Now, if I can just get out of this stupid airport....
3 comments:
Good luck getting back! I hope your misery ends soon. I can't believe Noah will be being baptized soon. Where does the time go?
I'm glad you're able to put some perspective on this whole frustrating situation. However, having you stuck in the same place for days on end was hard for me, too. I hate not being able to help you, even though I know you're perfectly capable of taking care of yourself and the kids. It's that Mom thing that never goes away.
I'm waiting to hear that you made it back to Germany safely.
Love you.
It's more than a mom thing Sue, I would have been there in a heartbeat, if I could have swung it -- what a nightmare it's been to observe from afar.
Pam, you are one of the strongest people I've ever known. Few would have the grace that you posses in this situation.
It was so wonderful to have you here this summer, and we all look forward to seeing all of you next summer (won't be long now...)
And one way or another, we'll get to Germany (as long as it doesn't involve flying with the military)
Post a Comment