Thursday, August 26, 2010

PhotoStory Friday: Project 365, Week 33 and 34




365
Hosted by Chris




PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli


Two weeks worth of pictures, thanks to a lot of traveling and no computer.

Day 224, August 13
Tiny baby socks.
Today I attended a baby shower for my good friend Katie, who is having her baby in October.  I was so glad to be in the state for one of the showers!  These tiny little socks were some of the last things she opened up; they look like little tennis shoes.  



Day 225, August 14
A family gathering at the Emmons house.
The kids played on the slip and slide, they were thrown around by their uncles. I made all the girls do Zumba, we ate a bunch of food, and celebrated the August birthdays.
And Cooper got a little thirsty...


Day 226, August 15
I took a whole lotta nothin' today.



Day 227, August 16
Annie married her uncle Chris today.
On the tramp.
In a white dress.
With a CTR ring to seal it.
Oh, and a big, fat kiss at the end.



Day 228, August 17
Late night.  
I had the option to drink both of these.... look which one I actually drank.
I know you're all proud of me.  



Day 229, August 18
The day I started my journey back to Germany. 
This was also my tenth anniversary.
My parents wanted a picture with the kids, and I was happy that we got everyone smiling.



Day 230, August 19
Mt...... Rainier?  
I have no idea what mountain this is.  
I just took this with my point and shoot through the window at the airport.



Day 231, August 20
This is where we slept last night.  
In the crib room of the Dover AFB passenger terminal.  It was a very uncomfortable and long night.  
More to come on our insane journey...



Day 232, August 21
Noah lost his first tooth while we were in the airport. 
It had been wiggly for a few days, and he had been complaining about it.  My friend, Ashley, said she'd pull it out, and he flipped out even more.  So I told him to bite into something and it would come out; so he did just that.  Pizza was the winner this time.  



Day 233, August 22
Sleeping in the airport again.  
My good friend, Nate, brought us an air mattress to sleep on, but I gave up my space for a few kids that were traveling with us.  The kids met some fun friends on this trip; these are two of them.



Day 234, August 23
My living room for 4 days.
Isn't it..... lovely?



Day 235, August 24
We finally arrived in Germany today.  Noah refused to sleep on the 9 hour flight, so once we stopped moving he crashed.  
He happened to crash at the Macaroni Grill during lunch.




Day 236, August 26
My anniversary gift. 
It was waiting on my table when I got home from the states.  
Isn't it awesome?
I love you Pete.



Day 237, August 26
Self-portrait.
I haven't done one of these in a while, thought it was time to fix that.

9 comments:

Jenni said...

cute hat. glad you made it home.

Darci said...

wow what an adventure...i'm glad you're home now...hope your kids get back on schedule soon!

DaBudges said...

awesome pitures! And your pictures look like there is MUCH more to your awesome vacation :D

Raise Them Up said...

Wow, girl. You have had a busy time of it. Glad to hear you made it home safely. Love the family picture, btw. And the mystery mountain. :)

debi9kids said...

OH my gosh! That had to have been awful!
LOL about your son after he crashed. heehee :)

tiarastantrums said...

oh traveling with kids over seas is sooooooooooo hard!! Kudos to you girl!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I love day 223. sounds like a terrible trip home being stuck in the airport, glad you finally made it home safe.

Emily said...

Beautiful pictures and happy anniversary!! We just celebrated 9 years. You are a trooper traveling like that with kids and sleeping in airports...definitely a super mom!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I love, love, LOVE your week in review. LOVE it! What a fun family you have. I could tell just from glancing at the pictures quickly : ) You are so right, you do NOT have an ordinary life. It is spectacular!