Thursday, February 4, 2010

Project 365, Week 5

365
Hosted by Chris



I have to apologize for this week's set of pictures. It was a rough week, and I have deployment on the brain.... forgive me.

Day 29, January 29
I made a birthday cake for a good friend. After taking lots of shots, I chose this one because I figured this is how Cooper, my two-year old, sees cakes from his level.

Day 30, January 30
Sleepy baby.
When he scrunches up in his carseat, his beanie always gets pushed up to the top of his head.
Occasionally, when he is awake and it happens, I hear a very frantic scream: "I can't see anyfeeeeng!"


Day 31, January 31
My church.
In German, this says:
Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints.
Our church is an old dance club. Every now and then, a bus full of tourists stops and takes a picture of our church. Why, you ask? Because Elvis sang here.

I MADE IT A WHOLE MONTH!!!!!!

Day 32, February 1
There is a Metzgerei on every block in this country, I swear.
It's a butchery (is that a word?) and a deli. Standing at this one, I can turn around, walk 30 seconds, and be at another one.

Day 33, February 2
Since The Groundhog is in the states, I didn't know until about 9 p.m. whether he saw his shadow or not. Either way, it's still going to be winter here for a loooong time.

Day 34, February 3
We were practicing making hearts with our hands.
That's all.

Day 35, February 4
Chocolate Covered Meatballs.

Seriously... how sick would that be?
Ok, these are chocolate covered oreo balls. My sister-in-law, Sharon, made these while I was in Utah, and I fell in love. However, Pete doesn't care much for white chocolate, which is what they are supposed to be covered in. So I used the good ole' milk chocolate.
Want the recipe? Here it is.

7 comments:

Cecily R said...

Urm, these are awesome, rough week or not (I'm sorry about that by the way...I can only imagine).

Sleepy Baby is my fav, but your wintery trees are a close second. :)

Nicki said...

Pam,
It's time to confess. I totally stalk your blog. You're funny and witty; I love your photography. It's amazing to see Germany and makes me think about living overseas. I wish I had the chance to get to know you better when you lived in Milwaukee. Sorry to hear about your week. Good luck.

Laurie said...

Sorry about your week. :(
Now, I have to say Oreo Truffles don't HAVE to be covered in white chocolate. I like dark, so there. :) And actually, my favorite is to use mint Oreos - so divine! Stick a little green sprinkle, or whatever, on top to indicate the difference if you make a tray with both. Or get fancy and drizzle an opposite color chocolate over the top. In any case, you can decorate them however your little heart pleases, right!?
On my New Year's post I had a pic with 2 different chocolates I did, one was the Oreo Truffles, but the square ones were me experimenting with using Nutter Butters instead of Oreos. Don't bother, a standard peanut butter ball is better.

debi9kids said...

Oh YUM! I LOVE those chocolate covered Oreos! They are fantastic! Mmmmmmm

LOVE the photo of the snowy trees. just beautiful!

Chris said...

You made it for the first thirty five days! I'm so proud!

I was just trying to link you up and it wouldn't let me -- it said you were already linked. Turns out it was right. I'd be happy to link you up each week.

I love the fact that Elvis sang in your "Church" -- how many people can say THAT?

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

uuuuuuuuuum chocolate covered oreo balls sound yum.
I know I tell you nearly every time I stop by, but I do seriously want to visit this place and see these things in person.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm oreo balls. Totally checking out that recipe!

Love the sleeping baby and the wintery trees. As we are getting about 2' of snow currently I believe the groundhog was right on this time...although I don't remember him saying Spring for a long time.