We did so much in Garmisch, and took so many pictures (like 800 or so) that there was no way I would subject you all to a post that might take you an hour to look at. So I have decided to take it one day at a time, so stay tuned, and you'll get a good glimpse into our week-long vacation.
We were so excited to go on this trip; in fact we have known about this trip for months. There were a few days right before the trip that we didn't think we would get to go, but all turned out well. Pete attended the annual Dental Convention held at the Edelweiss Resort in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. His entire trip was paid for, so all we had to fork out was food for the kids and I, and any entertainment. We were a little worried going into it that we might overdo it and spend way more than we could handle, but we surprised ourselves. I made sure to pack a cooler and a rubbermaid full of food, so that we only had to eat dinner in the lodge, which was cheaper than we were planning. With Pete's meal paid for, and Annie and Cooper being young enough for free meals, Noah and I were the only ones charged. It was great!
Pete spent all day, everyday (except Wednesday) in his convention, so the kids and I did a lot of swimming, sleeping and adventuring.
We woke up Monday and decided to find a cable car to ride. So we searched out a close one, which was less than 5 minutes away, and took a trip. It was pretty cold at the base of the mountain, so I packed hats and gloves, along with the winter coats. Turned out to be a wise decision.
This is the cable car we rode, The Kreuzeckbahn.
It's approximately 1652 M high, with the Alspitzebahn being taller at 2628 M, and the Zugspitzebahn being the tallest, at 2962 M.
Kreuzeckbahn, pronounced Krew-zek-bon.
They were SO excited.
Just as we entered the cable car and the door closed. Noah is stoked, Annie isn't quite sure about it, and Cooper was concerned about his dirty diaper.
I apologize.... all these pictures were taken through dirty plexy-glass windows while it was raining/snowing. Not great shots. You'll get the idea though.
We went from a little rain, and colorful trees to this very quickly:
Inside the building at the top.
Enjoying the ride back down, out of the snow.
7 comments:
Henry has been listening to me go "oooh, aaaahh" while reading this and just asked me, "Mom, do you wish YOU lived there?" Right now I have to say, I kinda do! Absolutely beautiful, what an adventure Pam!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE all your pictures. Love the pictures of your town, LOVE the portraits of your kiddies (good job, btw), and love hearing about all your adventures. It's so fun to look at your blog and see the amazing things you are seeing and doing. Thanks for sharing! And we miss you guys!
Gorgeous scenery. And you have a pretty good looking family, too. Best of luck to you all.
I see that you're a Relay for Lifer. That's awesome. (I am too.) As such, there's a really short video I'd love for you to check out -- http://www.ahamoment.com/vote/michelle -- about the "aha moment" of one Relay volunteer. Hope you like it. If you do, vote for it (with one simple click), as the top vote-getters in this contest will be used as aha moment TV commercials next year. And more awareness and publicity for Relay would be a good thing. In fact, it would be great if you might consider doing a blog post about the video and contest. That would really help get the word out.
Thanks for listening, and one last thing -- voting ends Oct 31.
All the best to you and your family,
jack@ahamoment.com
I'm officially jealous!
You make me miss Europe even more! I can't wait to see the rest of them.
It's very pretty there. I don't think you'll want to leave when you have to come back.
What a beautiful adventure!
Post a Comment