
Hosted by Cecily and Sports Mama
We now live in Germany.... have I mentioned that yet? So here are a few pictures from the area that we live in. We live in Weiden (said "Vyden"), which is mostly a farming community, however, we are right near the City Center where all the action is. Twice a week there is a Farmer's Market, and it is also where all the restaurants and shopping are. Pete and I are going on a morning date this Saturday, to have breakfast and do a little shopping. I promise to take the camera with me.
We live on Bayernstrasse (Bayern Street) in a yellow house. The kids think it's hilarious that we live in a yellow house; they comment on it every time we drive up to it. Each building is a duplex, each with 4 levels. Once the house is moderately organized, I'll show you that as well.
This is Bayernstrasse:
This yellow house is ours. Currently we have no immediate neighbors, which is ok with us. All the houses here are the same, but Pete chose this one because it had the biggest yard of them all. Like our '92 BMW?
This is the cute little German house across the street where the grumpy old Germans live.... actually, we have never met them. We are just told they are grumpy.
This is Noah's school bus stop, at the intersection of Berlinerstrasse and Leimbergerstrasse (Berliner and Leimberger Streets).
This is Noah's school bus. Yes, it's a public bus, however it is only used for school. It reminds me of the Fun Bus to Wendover.
This sign means the 30 kilometer per hour zone has ended.
This sign means the sidewalk is shared by pedestrians and cyclists.
This sign means Toyota... some things don't translate.
7 comments:
I just wanted to be the first to comment on something for ONCE. See, being 8 hours ahead of everyone else, I now have the upper-hand and the rest of you are all second class and next in line.
what an adventure. keep us posted. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.
Wow, Pam. What an adventure! Did you ship your van across the world to join you in Germany? It looks like the one you had in the USA.
It's good to see some pictures. It helps me have a frame of reference when we talk on the phone. Can't wait to see some pictures of inside the house!
It is going to be interesting for us to learn about your new town here. Thanks for the start of our trip to Germany.
I am so glad to have a visual on where you are. Cool licence place on your van! What an adventure!
I'm pretty sure Toyota means "Oh what a feeling!"
Germany looks great -- love the yellow house!
Post a Comment