Saturday, September 26, 2009

Great-Grandma Farr


While I was in Utah, just a few days before I left for Germany, my great-grandmother passed away.  Vontella Farr lived to be 101 years old.  She had an amazing life; she lived to see many things, and to my surprise, in all those years of life she buried very few loved ones.  She had many family members and friends still alive and supporting her.  
I learned a lot about my great-grandma through the talks that were given at the funeral.  I had no idea until then that she and my great-grandpa eloped in Nevada, and were later sealed in the temple.  I learned that she was one of those amazing women, who, no matter what was happening in her life, still managed to put on a happy face and take care of those around her.  She was a strong woman, and after her husband died, was also a very independent woman.
We were all very sad to see her leave this earth, but we are also overjoyed at the thought of her being with her loved ones who have left as well.  

Somehow, I only managed to take pictures of the flower arrangements.  

This was the arrangement from my family.




My uncle Kenny as he laid his rose on the casket.


Both she and her husband were born in August, and passed away in August.



2 comments:

This Mama Rocks said...

Hi, I found your blog on MMB. I saw you were an army wife and member of the church, just like me. Then I read your profile and saw you were moving to Germany! How crazy is that, we are currently stationed in Germany. We have been living here for a year now. Maybe you will end up in our ward. Do you know what part you are moving too?

Chris said...

I'm sorry for your loss Pam, but you caught some outstanding images here!