Thursday, April 9, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Well, I have been absent from the blogging world for a while.  We have had a very busy past two weeks, and I am now finding time to blog because I have strep throat, and can't do anything else! 

We spent a week in Utah for Noah's spring break, and we were so busy the whole time.  I didn't take many pictures, in fact, probably less than 50. But here is a quick run down of our activities.

Our flight was cancelled on Thursday flying to Utah, so we had to leave at 6:00 a.m. on Friday.  It wasn't bad, but we were pretty tired.  Saturday I spent the day In Salt Lake with my good friend Becki at a Zumba training.  The last time she and I attended a Zumba training, the day ended in the basement of the gym while we waited out tornado watches.  This time, the day ended in Ice Cream.  Much better.
Sunday we spent the day with the Emmons family, and celebrated Annie's birthday, along with the birthdays of 4 of her cousins.  2 boys, 3 girls, so we had cupcakes and cakes, all made by grandma Emmons.





Monday I went to lunch with one of my favorite utah girls, my friend Katie.  We went to Cafe Rio (mmmmmm) and it was so great to see her.  We also visited with my sis-in-law Sharon, her husband Chris and their kids.  My kids love playing with those cousins, so we spend as much time with them as possible.  Annie loves her Uncle Chris immensely, and the two of them have a connection like none other.  
Tuesday I spent the day with my very best friend from Wisconsin, Mandie, at her new house in West Jordan.  Her kids and my kids, by default, became best buds, so they were all excited to see each other.  That night we went to dinner at the Emmons house again, this time without the rest of the family.  It was nice to spend time with them.
Wednesday was Annie's actual birthday, and she woke up to balloons and a princess crown from her grandma Hodson.



We went to lunch with my mom that day, and Annie wore her crown the whole time.  When my mom got home from work, we met grandma Emmons at the Build-A Bear shop to make animals.  She gave Annie a gift certificate to make anything she wanted for her birthday, and she also gave Noah and Cooper early presents, and they got to make animals as well.  



Then we took Annie to Red Robin for her birthday dinner.  Here she is with her very own birthday ice cream.


Thursday we had kind of a lazy day, but it was well needed.
Friday, Cooper got his first haircut from my friend Shannon.  I totally forgot the camera, but he did so well.  He didn't fuss, wiggle or cry.  He just sat there talking on my phone the whole time.  
Then we had another party for Annie, this time with my side of the family and a few friends. Again, I failed to take pictures of the party, only the food before.  Annie requested a birthday cookie this year, so thanks to Mrs. Fields, she got one. 



We flew home Saturday after a busy week, but we had so much fun.  We are headed back out there in August for a while, so it will be a little more relaxed, and we will get to visit more people.  So if we missed you while we were there, we'll catch ya next time!

And for this past week....

We got home late on Saturday night (around 11 p.m.) and slept in late Sunday morning (it was conference weekend so we didn't feel bad about it).  I got a call from our sister missionaries that day, and one of them was very ill, and needed a few things, so I spent some time at their apartment, came home to make them dinner, and then spent more time at their apartment.  
Monday we got back into the groove of life, sort of.  Pete had his knee scoped early in the morning, so we spent some time in the hospital.  He did great, and is walking fine now.  It has been nice to have him home, even if he couldn't really walk.  Noah came home from school feeling drained and sick, but wanted to go to school the next day.
Tuesday I had the opportunity to take the missionaries to their transfer meeting at the stake center right next to the temple.  I had never seen that temple before, so the kids and I walked around the temple and took pictures.  It's actually smaller than the stake center.  It was hard to say good-bye to one of our missionaries, because we have become great friends ( she is a little older than the other missionaries) but she is also done in 6 weeks, and we can begin communicating outside of her mission.  Noah came home sick from school that day and we took him straight to the ER.  That's a long story, but he came home with an antibiotic.  
Wednesday we took him back to the doc (again, another long story) after we took Pete to have his leg re-wrapped.  That day I started feeling pretty yucky, and had to find a sub for my evening class.
Today I woke up feeling like I was swallowing my tonsils, so I went to the doc, and the rapid test revealed strep.  I was given a shot of an antibiotic and a pain killer (I have a super-high pain tolerance, and I was almost in tears) and I am feeling better already.  I got subs for my weekend classes because the doc told me too.  Imagine that, I actually did what I was told to do.
Tomorrow, school is out for Good Friday, and I am hoping I feel good enough to take the kids to the park, but we'll see.
So that is the past two weeks in a nutshell.  The next post won't be so long, I promise.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Holy cow! You busy woman! I hope you are feeling better soon. Do you guys need anything? Just let me know!

Mindy said...

You have been busy!
Annie is spoiled, but she takes it all so graciously--just look at that shy smile. Sorry about the butt shot but I hope you get better quickly.