Friday, October 26, 2007

We have a baby!

Arriving three weeks early, we would like you all to meet Cooper Adams Emmons! We are so excited he is finally here; we feel like we have waited forever for him, although the pregnancy went by so fast. Pete and I were both a little suprised by his arrival date, not because he was early (we knew he would be early) but because earlier in the day we had been sent home from the hospital because of false labor. But when my water broke that evening (not the best experience I've had) we knew there was no going back.
That happened at around 9:30 p.m., and around 12:00 a.m. I was put on pitossin to speed up my contractions. At 2:45 I was ready for the epidural, and by 3:30 I knew it was time. After setting everything up for the delivery (which feels like an eternity when you have to push!) he was here in less than 5 minutes. Cooper arrived at 3:59 a.m. on the 24th of October. He weighed 6 lbs, 4 oz, making him the smallest in weight of the three kids, and 19 1/2 inches long. He even has hair, which I am praying doesn't fall out and stays dark.
The kids absolutely adore him, and I have never seen two more excited kids as I did when they came in the hospital room. All Annie can say is "baby! baby! baby!" and Noah keeps saying "he's so cute!" They want to hold him all the time, especially Annie. We are going to have to watch her. Pete is so excited to have a newborn to hold again, but as he discovered last night, he was not excited about the lack of sleep that comes with the territory. I am so happy to have him here, that I can ride on no sleep for another week or two. I haven't been sleeping for weeks!
I am scared, nervous, anxious, excited, terrified.... you name it... to have three kids so young, however as my good friend reminded me (thanks, Mandie) I am extremely blessed to have them. I can't wait for everyone to meet him!

2 comments:

Cecily R said...

PAM!!! He is so adorable! Congratulations all around! When you get settled, IM me or something and we'll catch up.

xoxoxo

Cecily R said...

I love your new pictures.