I have a friend who once described motherhood this way. I have always agreed with this statement, however tonight my eyes were opened to it.
Pete was gone studying for boards, so I was home with the kids getting them ready for bed. Noah asked for strawberry milk (his favorite drink ever) and before I could pour it he changed his mind and asked for hot chocolate... no problem. However as soon as I gave it to him, he wanted strawberry milk again. Since I am trying to teach him the consequences of his choices, I told him he had to have the hot chocolate or nothing. Well, that started a ripple of crying and screaming, which is only typical of Noah when he is really tired. So we fought for a while, and he ended up in time out. When he decided to calm down we sat down and talked about it. I always tell him that I love him, and that he is my favorite little boy, and in response he said "I love you too, mom. You're my favorite big girl." And with that he grabbed my face and kissed my cheek. That's when I completely understood the statement my friend had made.
Shortly after, Annie sat on my lap and rubbed my belly, after I told her the baby was in there. She then leaned over, hugged my belly, and then climbed up and hugged me. I am not sure what I did to deserve these little miracles I call "babe" (Noah) and "baby" (Annie), but there is nothing I could be more grateful for in the world.
1 comment:
What cute kids you have! Those are most certainly the moments that all the yucky parts about being a mom (the screaming, the stress, the worrying, the, the, the...) are more worth it than you ever realize! :)
Post a Comment